Fronted by an attractive circular lawn and sweeping drive, The Elms Hotel is a Grade II Listed Georgian house built in 1792 on the old Great North Road from London to York, originally an affluent private residence. At the rear of the property, extensive landscaped grounds are bordered by mature trees with a converted stable block.
The hotel is located in the Nottinghamshire market town of Retford where a weekly market has been held for 750 years, following the granting of a charter by King Henry III in 1246. Many of the buildings forming the town’s spacious market square are also Georgian, with the exception of the chateau-like Town Hall, which features a chandelier and ornate ballroom.
Retford offers easy access to the A1, less than 10 minutes away, and Retford station is on the East Coast Main Line with fast, frequent access to London, York, Leeds and Edinburgh. Doncaster’s Robin Hood Airport is less than 15 miles away, and larger towns and cities including Sheffield, Doncaster and Lincoln are all within easy reach.